The Reservations/Sales Agent is responsible for answering all phone calls and emails in a timely manner. They are responsible for taking new reservations, managing existing bookings, and handling all new inquiries and bookings throughout the summer. In addition, they are required to set guests up with e- bike and bike rentals, rent bear spray, and assist guests with any purchases that occur in our storefront.
The hours of operation will run from 7:00am to 7:00pm.
Whitefish Outfitters will employee 2, full time reservationists for the summer season. One agent will work Friday-Tuesday, the other will work a Friday/Saturday/Sunday (or more, as business requires).
Our Ideal Candidate
- The reservations agent should be a friendly, people-person. You will need patience and kindness to succeed in this role. 99% of our clients have never been to this area and need help with trip planning and general area information. On average, you’ll spend 20-45 minutes on the phone with any given client.
- Kindness is a massive part of our business model.
- This person should have excellent time management skills and be an efficient multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize and move between tasks seamlessly.
- For example, you’re responding to an email when the phone rings - which you answer. The guest wants to talk about a trip in September. They are very confused about the reservation system in Glacier and just want to talk to someone. Three people walk in the front door wanting to rent e-bikes for the day and need help finding where to ride in Whitefish.
- ?It is the reservation agent’s job to prioritize each task while making each guest feel welcome.