What will be your daily pursuit?
Your daily pursuit is crafting local Montana favorites to fuel our guests in their explorations of Whitefish!
What perks can you expect?
- Work in a dynamic, culturally diverse team from around the globe
- Free housing options available
- Seasonal work experience in a historic hotel setting in an iconic, unforgettable, and inspiring locations
- Full-time work of 35+ hours weekly!
- Fast-paced and active position – get your step counter ready!
- The chance to work in an inclusive culture and make life-long friends
- Opportunities for career growth or future work at other Pursuit locations
What will you do in this job?
- Produce high-quality hot and cold foods based on recipes developed by the Chef and Executive Chef
- Organize prep station and hot line to ensure smooth and efficient flow
- Assist as needed with production of items for banquets, weddings, and other special events
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation, prep areas, and food storage in keeping with state and federal regulations for food safety
- Maintain effective communication with service staff, front of house management, and culinary management team
- Be a utility player who can complete a variety of job duties
What skills and experience do you need for this job?
- 1-2 years experience working hot line in a high-volume setting
- Work-ethic and commitment to the team and guest is key
- Be willing and able to work solo or as a part of a larger team
- Be committed to Safety First and the highest quality of cleaning & sanitizing standards
- Be organized with a great eye for detail
- Be kind to others and always bring your best
- Be a good communicator, always suggesting ideas and solutions
- Be helpful and friendly, willing to go the extra mile
- Be relaxed, flexible and able to handle a few curve balls
- Be ready to have fun!
What will your work environment be like?
- You’ll work in iconic, unforgettable and inspiring Whitefish. You’ll see amazing scenery and wildlife. You’ll participate in team events – and fun!
- You’ll spend your days in a hotel in Whitefish, Montana!
- Glacier Park Collection is a non-smoking, drug-free environment
- Our home is filled with trees, lakes and blue-bird skies; rather than buildings, freeways and smog. Connect with friends around a bonfire instead of through WiFi.
- You need to be prepared for a physical working environment with walking, stair climbing, bending, reaching, lifting (up to 50 pounds with assistance) required
- You'll spend your days working with a unique team of individuals where your views, orientation, culture, background and opinions are welcome as we strive to ensure an inclusive culture
Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.