EVENT STAFF (WHITEFISH - SUMMER)Location : Location
What will be your daily pursuit?Your daily pursuit is welcoming our guests and providing them a top-notch event or banquet experience!
What perks can you expect?
- Work in a dynamic, culturally diverse team from around the globe
- Free housing options available
- Seasonal work experience in a historic hotel setting in an iconic, unforgettable, and inspiring locations
- Full-time work of 35+ hours weekly across the summer season
- Fast-paced and active position – get your step counter ready!
- Excellent options for discounted meals and lodging, including further discounts for returning team members at certain locations
- The chance to work in an inclusive culture and make life-long friends
- Opportunities for career growth or future work at other Pursuit locations
- Access to one of the world’s most beautiful and iconic National Parks
What will you do in this job?
- Use Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s) in order to organize and arrange event space
- Assist with all aspects of set up and break down of events
- Work closely with conference services supervisor, chef, and other event staff to ensure all aspects of event are prepared in timely fashion
- Serve, bus, pour drinks for events as necessary
- May work as dining room attendant to fill out weekly hours
- Keeps record of potential safety and maintenance issues and communicates details to supervisor
- Assist as needed with set up of rooms for special events, meetings, conferences and banquets
- Offers assistance to guests and teammates where needed
- Be a utility player who can complete a variety of job duties
What skills and experience do you need for this job?
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Previous restaurant, banquet, or event experience preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in food & beverage preferred
- Hospitality POS system experience preferred
- Work-ethic and commitment to the team and guest is key.
- Be willing and able to work solo or as part of a team
- Be committed to Safety First and the highest quality of cleaning & sanitizing standards
- Be organized with a great eye for detail
- Be kind to others and always bring your best
- Be a good communicator, always suggesting ideas and solutions
- Be helpful and friendly, willing to go the extra mile
- Be relaxed, flexible and able to handle a few curve balls
- Be ready to have fun!
What will your work environment be like?
- You’ll work in iconic, unforgettable and inspiring Glacier National Park. You’ll see amazing scenery and wildlife. You’ll participate in team events – and fun!
- You’ll spend your days in and around historic hotels, lodges and cabins
- Glacier Park Collection is a non-smoking, drug-free environment
- Our home is filled with trees, lakes and blue-bird skies; rather than buildings, freeways and smog. Connect with friends around a bonfire instead of through Wi-Fi
- You need to be prepared for a physical working environment with walking, stair climbing, bending, reaching, lifting (up to 50 pounds with assistance) required
- You'll spend your days working with a unique team of individuals where your views, orientation, culture, background and opinions are welcome as we strive to ensure an inclusive culture