Live. Work. Explore. as a part of our Accounting team in Columbia Falls, the gateway to Glacier National Park!
At Glacier National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to be highly motivated, committed, share our vision and work together to attain it, while our work environment encourages responsibility for personal growth and promotes pride in each employee. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
We’re hiring for an Accounting Clerk to Live. Work. Explore. in Columbia Falls, Montana!
Complete timely invoicing for Direct Bill Groups in accordance with contracts and ensuring accuracy by working with our Group Tours office, Reservations Department, and Front Desks, posting advance deposits and accounts receivable payments, contacting clients regarding discrepancies and overdue balances, researching and responding to customer inquiries regarding services provided by Xanterra Parks & Resorts in Glacier. Responsible for reviewing Opera folios for accuracy and creating customized invoices in accordance with Direct Bill contracts and expectations.
Position Type: Seasonal
Season Dates: early-May through early-October 2024
Schedule: Typical schedule is 40 hours/per week (may include weekends, evenings, and holidays)
Housing: Employee housing is not available
About Columbia Falls:
Just west of Glacier National Park lies a collection of communities who proudly welcome millions of visitors each year to the Glacier Gateway area. Columbia Falls - a lively Montana town with many locally owned shops, restaurants, breweries, and summer farmers markets - is the ideal home base for exploring Glacier National Park and the 2.4 million acres in Flathead National Forest.
Benefits and Perks:
- Free Glacier National Park season pass
- Free Red Bus Tours (as available)
- Exclusive Retail and Dining discounts in Glacier
- A fast-paced, exciting work environment with plenty of upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Meet people of all ages from all over the country and world!
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
- Maintain solid organization and understanding of billing schedule and tasks to be completed.
- Ensure that AR invoices are emailed out each day as appropriate while maintaining a friendly and professional dialogue with billing contacts.
- Responsible for posting accounts receivable and advance deposit payments and logging daily deposits.
- Ensure customer account statements are created and sent bi-monthly.
- Responsible for follow-up communication with customers on any past due balances or short pays.
- Research credit card charges utilizing daily receipts from Lodging, Food & Beverage, and Tours/Transportation as directed.
- Cross reference available reports and use online resources for efficiency in problem solving.
- Communicate to the Assistant Controller any problems concerning the accounts receivable or security of company assets.
- Participate in monthly closing process as directed including reporting and reconciliations.
- Maintain a positive and effective communication and attitude while working with all departments, internal and external associates.
- Perform file retention tasks as assigned.
- Reports to work in professional attire to begin work immediately upon arrival as scheduled.
- Perform duties outside the job classification, as assigned by management.
- Assist with Gift Certificate creation, payment processing and mailing.
- Cross-train and assist other accounting positions and covers duties when needed.
- Perform general office duties as required including professional telephone and email interaction, filing and printing of reports while maintaining a neat and organized work area.
- Assist with annual retail inventory and other department inventories as requested.
- Revise Accounts Receivable Procedure Manual as needed.
- Previous accounts receivable and/or accounts payable experience preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook and Adobe.
- Basic ten key and typing skills.
- Must have solid organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have good communication and people skills.
- Detail and process oriented with strong emphasis on accuracy.
Physical Requirements Include:
- Must have ability to handle and strictly maintain confidential information.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs and sit for long periods of time.
- Must have valid driver's license and good driver record.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.