Live. Work. Explore. as a part of our Lodging team at the Cedar Creek Lodge in Columbia Falls, the gateway to Glacier National Park!
Cedar Creek Lodge is a 3-diamond hotel open year-round in Columbia Falls, Montana. We depend on our team members to be highly motivated, committed, share our vision and work together to attain it, while our work environment encourages responsibility for personal growth and promotes pride in each employee. No matter what your job is, you will play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
We’re hiring Seasonal Front Desk Agents to Live. Work. Explore. in the gateway to Glacier National Park!
Position Type: Seasonal
Season Dates: Mid-May or early-June through late-September or early-October.
Schedule: Typical schedule is 40 hours/per week (may include weekends, evenings, and holidays)
Housing: Employee housing is not available
About Columbia Falls:
Just west of Glacier National Park lies a collection of communities who proudly welcome millions of visitors each year to the Glacier Gateway area. Columbia Falls - a lively Montana town with many locally owned shops, restaurants, breweries, and summer farmers markets - is the ideal home base for exploring Glacier National Park and the 2.4 million acres in Flathead National Forest.
Benefits and Perks:
- Free Red Bus Tours (as available)
- Exclusive Retail and Dining discounts in Glacier
- A fast-paced, exciting work environment with plenty of upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Meet people of all ages from all over the country and world!
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Register guests while receiving and posting proper payment and finalizing guest accounts at checkout.
- Assign guest rooms and cabins, issue keys ensuring guest security at all times and in accordance with Xanterra established guidelines.
- Make, confirm, assist, and cancel reservations at other locations inside the park, including promoting and selling park activities.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all park facilities, locations, room types, hours of operations, and activities, in an effort to answer questions and give out accurate and helpful information to guests.
- Answer telephones in the specified time frames following proper guidelines, and using correct greetings and telephone etiquette.
- Take, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, timely, thoroughly, and legibly.
- Document all guest problems and/or complaints using correct forms and procedures, and resolve issues to guest satisfaction at all times.
- Educate guests on company's environmental policies and procedures.
- Accurately follow cash handling procedures and secure bank at all times.
- Post charges to guest accounts for services and purchases.
- Balance all receipts and postings for work performed during shift at the end of shift.
- Handles all phases of group tour arrivals to provide a smooth and orderly flow of guests. May include meeting group tour escorts, tour check-in, collecting money and fees, preparing vouchers, and rooming lists.
- Prepares folios for each guest account. Records advance deposits, credit transfers, cash payments and tour vouchers. Records dining room, bar, and gratuity charges. Keeps ledger on all cash transactions.
- Receives and coordinates wake-up calls. May forward guest mail.
- Knowledgeable of Glacier National Park and all of its facilities and activities so that information passed to guests is informative and accurate.
- Handles lost and found items, tagging them with the date and place found, following proper procedures established by Xanterra.
- Familiar with and follows emergency fire evacuation and safety procedures.
- Understands and follows all PCI Compliance guidelines.
- Reconciles all transactions in order to verify daily drop amounts.
- Assists guests with retail items and processes the sale at applicable locations only (RS and VI only).
- Operates the PBX switchboard to relay incoming, outgoing, interoffice and long distance calls. May supply information to callers and record messages.
- Continually works with housekeeping to update the status of arrivals, departures, and room status.
- Keeps alphabetical up-to-date list of all guest room numbers for ready reference.
- Adheres to all Company policies and regulations.
- Completes all other tasks as assigned by Front Office Manager. Assists in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary.
- Human relation skills - must be a people-person who thrives on public contact.
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- General computer skills and knowledge of common office machines, i.e., computers, typewriters, calculators, cash registers, etc. required.
- Knowledge of Property Management System (PMS) Opera.
- Sales skills.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and follow instruction accurately.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and move through them in an efficient manner.
- Ability to interact with diverse peoples and help resolve any issues.
- Ability to work quickly and thoroughly under pressure.
- Must be flexible and open to changes in procedures.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Must be able to handle guest concerns in a tactful and caring manner.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Must possess neat and pleasant grooming habits.
- Must be knowledgeable of Glacier National Park’s history and points of interest.
- Must have good organizational skills.
Physical Requirements Include:
- Able to lift and carry up to 15 pounds.
- Standing for up to eight hours per shift.
- Requires bending, stretching and reaching throughout a shift up to 8 hours.
- Working with required chemicals.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.