Live. Work. Explore. as a part of our Laundry team in Columbia Falls, the gateway to Glacier National Park!
At Glacier National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to be highly motivated, committed, share our vision and work together to attain it, while our work environment encourages responsibility for personal growth and promotes pride in each employee. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
We’re hiring Laundry Assistant Managers to Live. Work. Explore. in Columbia Falls, Montana!
Assists Laundry Manager in the overall daily operations of the Laundry department.
Position Type: Seasonal
Season Dates: Mid-April though early-October 2024
Schedule: Typical schedule is 40 hours/per week (may include weekends, evenings, and holidays)
Housing: Employee housing is not available
About Columbia Falls:
Just west of Glacier National Park lies a collection of communities who proudly welcome millions of visitors each year to the Glacier Gateway area. Columbia Falls - a lively Montana town with many locally owned shops, restaurants, breweries, and summer farmers markets - is the ideal home base for exploring Glacier National Park and the 2.4 million acres in Flathead National Forest.
Benefits and Perks:
- Free Glacier National Park season pass
- Free Red Bus Tours (as available)
- Exclusive Retail and Dining discounts in Glacier
- A fast-paced, exciting work environment with plenty of upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Meet people of all ages from all over the country and world!
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
- Ensure that operational standards are met.
- Monitors progress of daily tasks and fosters a feeling of teamwork among staff.
- Train and ensure quality controls are in place for all laundry processes.
- Ensure par stocks are maintained.
- Makes sure equipment is being maintained in proper operating order.
- Process all linen orders from/to various properties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have technical skills in materials and inventory management, production scheduling and preventive maintenance.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate leadership skills.
- Must be a problem solver with the ability to work under pressure, excellent communication skills, and proficiency in Microsoft software.
- At least one year of management or supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be willing to work an inconsistent schedule, with both early and late shifts.
Physical Requirements Include:
- Must be able to acclimate to a hot environment of up to 90°.
- Frequent standing, walking, reaching outward and above the shoulder for up to 8 hours per shift.
- Repetitive motion of arms, wrist, and hands for up to 8 hours.
- Requires occasional climbing, crawling, and squatting/kneeling up to 3 hours per day.
- Must be able to frequently lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently push or pull items in caster bins weighing up to 400 pounds.
- Must be able to wear earplugs on a frequent basis.
- Working safely with required chemicals.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.