Live. Work. Explore. as a part of our Sustainability team in Columbia Falls, the gateway to Glacier National Park!
At Glacier National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to be highly motivated, committed, share our vision and work together to attain it, while our work environment encourages responsibility for personal growth and promotes pride in each employee. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
We’re hiring for a Parkwide Animal Exclusion/Pest Control Technician to Live. Work. Explore. in Columbia Falls, Montana!
Position Type: Seasonal
Season Dates: Late-April through early-October 2024
Schedule: Typical schedule is 40 hours/per week (may include weekends, evenings, and holidays)
Housing: Employee housing is not available
About Columbia Falls:
Just west of Glacier National Park lies a collection of communities who proudly welcome millions of visitors each year to the Glacier Gateway area. Columbia Falls - a lively Montana town with many locally owned shops, restaurants, breweries, and summer farmers markets - is the ideal home base for exploring Glacier National Park and the 2.4 million acres in Flathead National Forest.
Benefits and Perks:
- Free Glacier National Park season pass
- Free Red Bus Tours (as available)
- Exclusive Retail and Dining discounts in Glacier
- A fast-paced, exciting work environment with plenty of upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Meet people of all ages from all over the country and world!
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
- Provide general maintenance skills necessary for repair and maintenance of facility.
- Conduct routine inspections of facilities and ensure department compliance to the Animal Exclusion Program at Glacier National Park.
- Performs mixed duties in diagnosing and repair for the proper maintenance and operation of buildings at location relating to animal exclusion.
- Performs various landscaping duties around perimeters of buildings including care and maintenance of grass, plants, flowers, trees and shrubs.
- Accountable for materials used and items needed for job completion or inventory replacement per established company procedure.
- Responsible for adhering to Xanterra’s Risk and Sustainability programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 19 years old.
- Must possess a valid driver license and have a clean driving record.
- Must have the background knowledge in carpentry and landscaping and be skilled in the use of tools and equipment common to the trade.
- Familiar with pest elimination and control techniques (preferred).
- Must be able to read, understand and comply with all current company policies and procedures.
Physical Requirements Include:
- Must be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be capable of lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess physical stamina and condition to withstand heavy labor related work in an outside.
- Standing, bending, kneeling, crawling in tight spaces for extended periods of time are required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.