Local manufacturer is looking to add a Machine Operator to their production department. Benefits include medical, dental, 401k, paid holidays and generous PTO.
The machine inspector is responsible for post-press duties including inspecting, counting, splicing and rewinding labels and packaging label orders for shipping.
- Perform rewind inspection, splicing and label count on each label job according to company and customer specifications
- Perform any special requests required by customer, such as core labels, unmarked cores, quantity labels or setting of knives
- Inspect labels for printing defects, proper registration and color consistency according to customer and company standards; and report defects or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Operate rewinding machinery according to manufacturer’s and company’s established guidelines
- Package and prepare each label job for shipping according to specifications
- Meet rewind and shipping schedules and deadlines while maintaining efficiency and minimal waste
- Accurately complete all related logs and paperwork
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding; basic math skills and ability to use calculator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Highly organized, detail oriented and motivated
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments; ability to take on new tasks with enthusiasm
- Ability to maintain sense of urgency with regard to deadlines and cope with fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage details of multiple projects
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime if needed
- Must have excellent eyesight and color perception, and an eye for accuracy and detail
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and tolerate chemicals and inks used during the printing process
- Must be able to meet physical demands of job including the use of hands/dexterity, ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, lift, carry, push, pull, walk, sit; ability to lift and move 25 pounds throughout shift and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Excellent customer service skills
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by management at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.
Shift: Monday-Friday, 7am-5pm
For questions and answers, call or text Cat in our LC Staffing Kalispell Office at 406-752-0191.
Cat works with many clients and many industries including hospitality, food & beverage, light industrial, and clerical. She strives to better the lives of others by allowing them to grow and gain new skills in new positions. Outside of work, Cat enjoys all Montana has to offer including skiing, rafting, and even learning to fly fish.