If you are someone who would enjoy having three-day weekends every week, and still hitting 40 hours, this could be the job for you. Depending on experience, pay starts at $15/hour. Build on your hands-on skills in a supportive work environment; we're looking for a Press Operator!
- Perform typical printing press operations to support the production floor.
- Operate press machinery according to manufacturers and company’s established guidelines.
- Accurately and precisely carry out detailed instruction from job tickets.
- Set up/adjust press for job runs to meet specifications.
- Ensure the highest quality product and monitor product for quality during job runs. Check precision of detail against specifications.
- Mix inks and color matches to customer specifications.
- Mount printing plates, install cutting dies, hot stamp.
- Inspect labels while on press for printing defects, proper registration and color consistency according to company standards.
- Assist QC inspector with inspection of labels prior to running productions to ensure labels meet all aspects of label specifications including text, colors, registration, foil and emboss.
- Consult with supervisor as necessary to question inconsistencies and discrepancies in label specifications including proper material footage, dies, colors, etc.
- Meet production schedule deadlines while maintaining efficiency and minimal waste.
- Complete accurately all related computer data entry and paperwork
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues and perform routine maintenance on press machinery
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety standards and regulations.
- Assist elsewhere in organization as needed.
TIER II SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently troubleshoot and correct most press operating problems incurred during normal press operations.
- Experience with SANKI experience would be excellent; Domino and or Xeikon experience is helpful as well
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required.
- Expertise in running multiple value add service (screen printing, booklets, foil stamping, adhesive print, multi-layer Bluestar).
- Ability to meet all above responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience operating a printing press. Letterpress preferred, but all printing technologies considered.
- Basic understanding of color theory.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and tolerate chemicals and inks used during the press process
- Must be able to meet physical demands of job including the use of hands/dexterity, ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, balance, lift, carry, push, pull, walk, sit; ability to lift 25 pounds throughout shift and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds unassisted
- Must have excellent eyesight and accurate color perception, an eye for accuracy and detail, and strong proofreading skills
- Must have mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot and perform routine maintenance on press machinery
- Working knowledge of computers and the ability to learn the company’s software applications in a timely manner
- Highly organized, detail oriented and motivated
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime as needed
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to build strong positive relationships with team members
- Ability to maintain sense of urgency with regard to deadlines and cope with fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
Wage: DOE starting at $15
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401k, Paid Holidays and generous PTO
Shift: Mon-Thurs, 3:00 pm - 1:00 am
Get in touch! Call or text 406-752-0191 for Nate in our Kalispell LC Staffing office.
To apply online visit: https://jobs.lcstaffing.com/#/jobs/36014
Nathan (Nate) has over 3 years of recruiting experience, starting in a niche industry in Texas in 2017 and now working for LC Staffing in our Kalispell and Glacier branches. Nate specializes in finding good candidates in manufacturing, industrial, and sales fields. He is a skilled judge of character and ability in potential candidates, making him vital to Montana employers. Did you know that Nate is the ping pong champion of Bad Rock Canyon?