A stable, well-educated workforce, an ideal location, cutting-edge internet connectivity and an unsurpassed quality of life combine to make Whitefish the ideal spot for business success – both now and in the future.
Add to that our business-friendly city government, a new wave of major private – and public – investment, and a number of Chamber initiatives designed to strengthen and diversify the local economy, and we think you’ll agree ... Whitefish, Montana is where your business ought to be.
Whitefish 2020 Plan
The Chamber’s Whitefish 2020 Plan focuses on three separate-but-equal strategies for enhancing the Whitefish economy:
- Helping existing businesses get the help they need to survive, grow and thrive;
- Attracting new companies to Whitefish that will mesh with (and complement) the existing business community, and capitalize on the state-of-the-art technological infrastructre that already exists in Whitefish;
- Identify and implement programs, projects and events that enhance the Whitefish visitor experience, and focus on growing tourism in the shoulder and winter seasons.
In addition, the Chamber promotes our community on a local, regional, statewide and global basis, in an effort to:
- Attract new business and investment to Whitefish;
- Create new, high-paying jobs through business relocation, new business start-ups and the expansion of existing companies;
- Promote the Whitefish area’s assets to prospective employers, investors and residents; and
- Improve our community by encouraging planned economic development, strong civic leadership, better education and increased cultural and recreational opportunities.
Business Assistance Partners
The Whitefish Chamber has partnered with a handful of other local and regional organizations to provide a full menu of economic development and business assistance services to local employers ... and to those considering Whitefish as a home for their new – or relocating – business. Our partners include:
Montana West Economic Development
Jerry Meerkatz, President/CEO - (406) 257-7711
Montana West connects new and existing businesses to the resources they need to accelerate their growth and leverage their investment. Services include: connections to expertise, demographic information, financing and incentive resources, industry trends, workforce assistance, site selection, gap financing lending programs, and grant programs for business development and expansion.
Small Business Development Center (part of SBA)
Dan Gorton, Director - (406) 756-3836
Job Service Kalispell
What can Job Service Kalispell help your business with? Minimum wage posters, planning job fairs & hiring events hosted at Job Service or your place of business, creative recruitment & retention strategies, monthly education on HR topics, information on Labor Market Trends, Wage & Hour and human rights information.