Whitefish Chamber Wednesday UpdateMarch 25, 2020In this issue
Social distancing now "mandated' for most businessesGovernor extends mandatory closureof restaurants, bars, schools thru April 10
- Governor extends closure of schools, businesses to April 10
- Mayor Muhlfeld: It's time to get serious about social distancing
- Congress OKs 'Families First' act; more relief on the way ...
- Killing time, weathering the storm or makin' hay ... what're YOU doing with all your spare time these days?
- Member updates ... who's open, and who's not
In an effort to prevent the number of local COVID-19 cases from spiking in coming days, Montana Governor Steve Bullock extended the mandatory closure of all public schools, bars, casinos and restaurant dining rooms through at least April 10.The Governor also "mandated" that retail businesses establish, implement and enforce social distancing policies to ensure a minimum distance of six feet between customers, effective this Saturday -- March 28. This requirement does not apply to grocery stores, health care, medical or pharmacy facilities, although they are also encouraged to comply with social distancing protocols if possible.In addition, social/recreational gatherings of 10 or more people outside a home or other place of residence are now officially "prohibited" if a distance of at least six feet between individuals cannot be maintained.CLICK HERE to view the complete text of the Governor's latest COVID-19 directive.A message from Mayor Muhlfeld:It's time to get serious about social distancing
Mayor John MuhlfeldIn today's update to Whitefish residents and business owners, Whitefish Mayor John Muhlfeld makes a strong case for "getting serious" about social distancing in the workplace and while recreating on public lands. Yellowstone, Yosemite and a handful of other popular national parks and recreational areas have been closed in recent days due to overcrowding and the inability to enforce social distancing mandates ... and we don't want that happening here!Click on the image at right to hear Mayor Muhlfeld's full message.Reimburses employers for COVID-19 paid leaveCongress OKs the 'Families First' Act
The federal government is moving forward with plans to implement the "Families First Coronavirus Response Act," which will fully reimburse them -- on a dollar-for-dollar basis -- for the cost of providing COVID-19/coronavirus-related paid leave to their employees.The Act was passed in an effort to combat the spread of COVID-19 by giving all American businesses with less than 500 employees the funds necessary to provide employees with paid leave, either for their own health care needs or to care for family members.The legislation allows employers to keep workers on their payroll, while also ensuring that workers aren't forced to choose between getting a paycheck and complying with social distancing directives. CLICK HERE for the full scoop on what the Families First Act includes, and how you can take advantage.The latest on who's open ... and who's notMembers continue to adapt to COVID-19
Whitefish businesses are working hard to morph their operations in order to continue serving the public in these uncertain times. Check out the latest updates below ... and patronize these folks if you can! They need your support!Make sure you let us know what YOUR business is doing to stay operational. We'll spread the word.
- Latitude 48 -- Closed until further notice; no curbside or take-out.
- Flathead Fish & Seafood Co. -- Open Monday thru Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Curbside pickup is available.
- Nelson's Ace Hardware -- Open Monday thru Satruday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sundays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Social distancing protocols are in place and strictly enforced. Kids Area is closed; if you are experiencing ANY symptoms, please order online at www.acehardware.com or by calling ahead to 862-3573. Same day curbside pickup and next-day delivery is available.
- Whitefish Vitality -- We are open, and also seeing patients via telemedicine For more info visit https://
- National Parks Realty -- Open normal business hours with skeleton staff.
- Farm Bureau Financial Services -- Open Monday thru Friday, but primarily working electronically.
- Budget Car Rentals -- Airport office open with bare-bones crew; Whitefish office open by appointment.
- Piggyback BBQ -- Open for curbside to-go service.